Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: [docbook-dev] Internationalized index in XSL

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 09:25:58PM +0100, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Bob Stayton wrote:
>
> >I just tried it with xsltproc, and it fails with
> >this message (repeated several times):
> >
> >xmlXPathCompOpEval: function group-index bound to undefined prefix i
>
> My xsltproc gives me different error message stating that I'm using
> unkwnown function inside xsl:key definition. May be xsltproc doesn't
> support user defined functions inside xsl:keys. I will ask on xsltproc
> mailing list.

  yes, that's very likely to be true. Bugzilla this on bugzilla.gnome.org.

> That's why I designed new indexing solution as customization layer, not
> as a standard part of stylesheets. Many processors don't support EXSLT
> functions and will choke on it.

  Well EXSLT:function is a significant add-on, not all aspects are
clearly defined, and well it's not always easy to retrofit them
into a XSLT-1.0 implementation whose design decisions were based purely
on the original XSLt spec.

Daniel