Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Including plain text: CDATA

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 07:10:40PM +0100, Michael Wiedmann wrote:
> I followed Bob Stayton's advice in "Chapter 19. Modular DocBook files;

> Including plain text" of his "DocBook XSL: The Complete Guide".
>
> Is there any good solution if the included file contains the "special"

> XML characters (&, <, >, and ")? I don't want these characters to be
> converted to their respective entities, but instead want to wrap them
> in CDATA sections to appear verbatim in the output.

Assuming the output method is xml, not text:
This is not attractive, but it works, if I understand the problem
correctly:

<xsl:variable
name="OpenCDATASection"><![CDATA[<![]]><![CDATA[CDATA[]]></xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable
name="CloseCDATASection"><![CDATA[]]]]><![CDATA[>]]></xsl:variable>

<xsl:value-of select="$OpenCDATASection" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
<xsl:value-of select="node" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
<xsl:value-of select="$CloseCDATASection"
disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

Is that a viable solution?

Regards,

Rob Shields