Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] FOP error-- am I doing this right? (Never mind)

Are you sure that fop.sh on the top level fop directory is in your path? Is fop.jar in your class path? Just unpacking fop after setting java_home is not enough

Carlos
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 13:02

Never mind, I figured it out: classpath issue. have to run /usr/share/fop/fop.sh instead of fop as a standalone binary.

a.

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 15:46 -0500, Aaron Weber wrote:
I have fop 0.20.5 installed on SuSE 8.2, and I have managed to set JAVA_HOME correctly.  I'm using the Sun j2re 1.4.2.

But when I run any fop command, even just fop --help, I get this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/fop/apps/Fop

Am I doing this right?

I've used xsltproc and the docbook-xsl-stylesheets to generate FO output, and the FO file seems fine. How do I get from FO to, as it were, FUM (that is, PDF).

(ha. ha. Jack & the beanstalk. Get it?)