Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] sorting a bibliography

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 09:54:13AM -0800, Bob Stayton wrote:
> The problem was selection and context.  Try this one:

Thanks, that works! (Almost)

One of the sections is still not being correctly sorted though.
The output is:
   Linux Documentation Project (LDP) FAQ
   CVS .
   CVS--Concurrent Versions System .
   CVS: Project Management .
   Learning About CVS .

But the markup is identical to the other bibliodivs...
	http://xtrinsic.com/geek/articles/output.html#bibliography (warning:
	250K!)
	http://xtrinsic.com/geek/articles/references.xml (it's only a fragment
	of the much, much longer document)
to sample the weirdness. It's especially a problem in the longer
bibliodivs.

> In this version, it selects the non-biblioentry children
> of the bibliodiv to process first,
> so your bibliodiv title doesn't get sorted.  Then it selects the
> biblioentry elements for sorting.  For the sort, the context is
> each biblioentry element, so specify its child "title" in the
> select attribute.

It'll take me a number of readings to understand this. I'm generally good
with the DOM and SQL select statements, but I don't grok that paragraph
yet. It's ok though, I understand what it's doing, I just don't understand
the language yet.

> And I think you want order="ascending", right?

D'oh! Yes. :)

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin