Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Extracting abstracts

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 09:27:19PM -0500, Chris Moller wrote:
> Does anyone know of a utility that will extract "abstract" elements from
> "bookinfo," "chapterinfo," "sectXinfo," etc.?  Ideally, I'd like it to
> map the extraction into a docbook article with the book-level abstract
> becoming intro paragraphs, chapter abstracts going into sect1s, sect1
> abstracts going into sect2s, etc.

Sounds like a fun "stretch-your-xslt-muscles" exercise, to me.  I don't
know of anything that does this as you say, but if you were to provide a
set of documents (input, output) as a use case, I think it'd be fun to
come up with an xslt script that performs this task.

Take care,

    John L. Clark

PGP signature