Subject: Incorrect characters in FO / PDF under windows

Hello all,

I have a problem with incorrectly displayed characters when generating PDF from FO under windows. The problem does not occur under Linux. I generate the FO-files with saxon from docbook-xml. The wrong characters appear in headers and for example in intemized lists.

Example:

FO created under Linux:
<fo:marker marker-class-name="section.head.marker">1. Using DocBook</fo:marker>

FO created under Windows:
<fo:marker marker-class-name="section.head.marker">1. Using DocBook</fo:marker>

Why is there a difference between the two fo-files? Shouldn't they be equal?
Is there a problem with the xml-to-fo-generation or with the fo-to-pdf-generation?

To make it clear: windows-created pdf-files have incorrect characters when viewing the pdf under windows AND under linux. Linux-created pdf-files are correctly displayed under linux and under windows!

I'm using FOP-0.20.5, xslt-stylesheets 1.64.0 and saxon 6.5.3.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Peer.