Subject: Using informalequation and/or equation

Hello list,

I've tried to follow Bob Stayton's hints in

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Math.html

to markup the binomial coeffcients' equation like this:

<informalequation>
             <mediaobject>
               <textobject>
                 <phrase>(n,k) = (n-1,k-1) + (n-1,k)</phrase>
               </textobject>
             </mediaobject>
</informalequation>

I only want this equation to be displayed in HTML as a block of its own,
*not* with a special typeset representation by a GIF.

But the stylesheets do not generate any block or text at all. What am IO
doing wrong here?

How do I markup such an quation so that it gets displayed as a block of
its own?

Greetings from Saarbrücken,
Joachim

--
Joachim Ziegler                       Stuhlsatzenhausweg 85
Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik    66123 Saarbrücken, Germany