Subject: Conditional text display in PDF

Hi

I am trying to customize my PDF output for an article,
using the DocBook stylesheets.

It appears that the stylesheets process and produce
output from a section, even when its blank - this results
in a fair amount of unneeded white space in my documents.

I am trying to get the processor to skip these sections.
I have set up a template in my customisation file :

<!-- sections -->
<xsl:template match="sect1" mode="article.recto.mode">
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="title=''"><fo:block>BOO!</fo:block></xsl:when> <!--
test ignore blank section -->
    <xsl:otherwise>
      <xsl:apply-templates
             select="sect1"/>
    </xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

But this template gets ignored for a section such as:

<sect1>
<title></title>
<para></para>
</sect1>

What is the correct way to setup such an "override" template?

Thanks for help with these 'basic' questions.

Derek

believed to be clean.