Subject: Re: Setting the TOC to encompass all the sub-sections in article

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm using DocBook/XML with DSSSL-1.78 and OpenJade (default of Mandrake
> 9.2). I'm using the article class. I would like to make sure the TOC of
> the article displays all the sections and subsections in a nice tree
> instead of a flat list as I have now.
>
> Like in:
>
> http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/magic-cauldron/
>
> I've already defined %generate-article-toc% in my DSSSL stylesheet, but it
> only generates a flat listing of all the supersections.(at least only in
> the HTML). I want a tree of all sections and sub-sections.

Hi!

I was finally able to resolve this by looking at the code and some
Googling. The solution is to add the directive:

<<<
(define (toc-depth nd)
    100
)

To the customization DSSSL stylesheet.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish        shlomif@vipe.technion.ac.il

You are banished! You are banished! You are banished!

Hey? I'm just kidding!