Subject: DocBook Stylesheets - minor questions

A few questions that I'd appreciate some help with:

1. How do you remove the
  style="margin-left: 0.5in; margin-right: 0.5in;"
from the <div class="note"> tag?

2. How do you reduce amount of vertical space between labels
and their  associated objects e.g. between Figure title and figure;
Example # and example?

3. How do you alter the text on a cross-reference so that a figure
without  a title does not appear as:
 see Fig #, ""
[NB I need to do this without altering  the source xml, which uses
the  format <xref linkend="target-fig-id" />]

Thanks
Derek

PS Is David Pawson still updating his Q&A site?

believed to be clean.