Subject: Which software is needed ?

  Hello !

  I am interessted in docbook, and my final aim is to produce a toolchain able
to create HTML/PDF from DOCBOOK/SVG/MATHML. According to the documentation over
the internet i have read, there are no perfect tools for that.

  But as a start, i would like to setup tools to produce simple docbook (no
graphics, nor math), and i am quite lost about what stuff i got to glue
together.  All i need is a little help on what tools i need to download, and
what they are used for.

  If it is a newbie question that has been already answered 100s of time, feel
free to blame me :)

  thank you in advance
  Nicolas Pillot