Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Possible <Glossary>/<Subtitle> bug?

Unfortunately, what you are seeing is some obsolete code that should
be removed.  The component.title.mode is no longer used by
the stylesheets.  It was replaced by the titlepage mechanism that
uses the titlepage.templates.xml specification file.  I'll see about
removing the obsolete code.

In fact, the glossary subtitle is being handled by the default template for
subtitle in mode='titlepage.mode'.  This template is in xhtml/titlepage.xsl:

<xsl:template match="subtitle" mode="titlepage.mode">
  <h2 class="{name(.)}">
    <xsl:apply-templates mode="titlepage.mode"/>
  </h2>
</xsl:template>

If you want something different for a glossary subtitle, you can add a
template like this to your customization layer:

<xsl:template match="subtitle" mode="glossary.recto.titlepage.mode">
  <h3 class="{name(.)}">
    <xsl:apply-templates mode="titlepage.mode"/>
  </h3>
</xsl:template>

This template uses the mode specific to glossary title pages. The
sequence of modes used in titlepages is described in:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HtmlCustomEx.html#d0e10008

You could also change the style of the h2 using a CSS stylesheet
associated with your HTML pages.

DocBook Consulting