Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Modular document using XInclude with olink entity and xrefstyle attribute

While fixing problem 1 [

1) Inner links do not work in chunked html output (in pdf they do), because they get generated as #id without file.html#id (exception: toc).

Solution: use html/chunk.xsl instead of html/docbook.xsl to generate the targets.
], I discovered a new one:

4) The fo xsl stylesheets don't accept collect.xref.targets parameter, so they are not able to generate targets.
Should I use html/chunk.xsl, html/docbook.xsl or another to generate my targets file to use with fo/docbook.xsl ?

Thank you for any and all help,
Geoffrey
----- Original Message -----
From: Geoffrey
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 1:43 PM

Hi all,

I 've been working on one big book.xml file, which is now modularized using XIncludes to
book.xml
+ preface.xml
+ chapter1/chapter1.xml
           ++ section1.xml
+ bibliography.xml
I am using XMLlint for XIncludes and Saxon for Xsls.
There are many inner references: olinks because xrefs won't validate per module.
I 've been reading the xsl docbook on sagehill.

Problems (thanks for help on any of these issues):
1) Inner links do not work in chunked html output (in pdf they do), because they get generated as #id without file.html#id (exception: toc).
2) Gentext doesn't work to well for olinks.
2a) xrefstyle doesn't work on olinks, role either (even with the xref use role as xrefstyle xsl parameter).
2b) xreflabel doesn't process %t
Note: simple adjusting the section template is not really a solution as its only a subset of all olinks that need their text generated different from the section called"%t"

Reference parts:

[olinkdb.xml]
<!ENTITY bookTarget SYSTEM "./generatedTargets.xml">
  <sitemap>
    <document targetdoc="booktarget">
        &bookTarget;
    </document>
  </sitemap>

[preface.xml]
<para>In <olink targetdoc="booktarget" targetptr="bibliography"/> you&#39;ll find more
            information on ...</para>

[biobliography.xml]
   <bibliography id="bibliography">
        <title>Bibliography</title>