Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] [Q] multilingual website?

At 06:27 14/03/2004, Bob Stayton wrote:
>The Apache content negotiation system adds the language code as a suffix to
>the filename, so you want to generate  "myfile.html.no" and
>"myfile.html.en".
>
>Since the tocentry elements in layout.xml let you specify the output
>filename using the 'filename' attribute, I would think this would not be
>hard to set up.  Just make sure each webpage has the proper lang attribute
>and its tocentry has the right filename.  I haven't acutally tried it, so
>there may be other things to consider.

As a general note, and very much in my humble opinion,
I think docbook's multi-lingual approach is about as sophisticated
as I've come across.

Yet other than Norm's presentation notes, I've not seen it
documented anywhere.
http://nwalsh.com/docs/tutorials/xsltuk2001/index.html
Perhaps it deserves more limelight?

Any suggestions how it might be?