Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Different olink dbs for XHTML, HTML and FO?

David Tolpin wrote:

>>>simple a lot of work, which is simply not done?
>>
>>There is no problem on FO side, but on Acrobat Reader side. AR has
>>problems with relative links on file system. You can't create reasonably
>>workable relative links to files like "userguide.pdf",
>

> What about file links in PDF? They are designed for local links
> in the file system. It is a separate mechanism from one for weblinks.
>
> XEP, for example, generates file links for protocol file:.

Interesting, I was unaware of this mechanism. It is possible to create
relative links (without hardwired path) this way? What is the syntax?
Something like

url(file:userguide.pdf)

which is probably not correct URL?

Is there any way to make relative links works both on local filesystem
and when server from web server?

					Jirka

   Jirka Kosek
   e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz