Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] use normal docbook articles for website-2.5.0

Hi Dave,

sorry, I think I didn't understand your explanation completely. I think,
at the moment I do something similar as you describe. I use empty
webpages for each docbook article I want to include in my website using
the xinclude statements. Each webpage (with the xinclude statement) has
an entry in the layout.xml. Maybe two small examples make clear what i
currently do:
----
* Example website dummy page:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE webpage PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DTD Website V2.5//EN"

"http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/website/2.5.0/schema/dtd/website.dtd";

<webpage id="articleX" lang="de">
   <config value="18.03.04" param="rcsdate"/>
   <head>
       <title>article X</title>
   </head>
   <xi:include href="../articles/articleX.xml"
       xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude"; />
</webpage>
----
* Example entries in layout.xml:
[...]
<tocentry page="src/webpage/articleX.xml"
   filename="articleX.html"/>
<tocentry page="src/webpage/articleY.xml"
   filename="articleY.html"/>
<tocentry page="src/webpage/aNormalWebpage.xml"
   filename="aNormalWebpage.html"/>
[...]
----

What I'm looking for is something similar to this:

<tocentry page="src/articles/articleX.xml"
   filename="articleX.html"/>

to use Docbook articles directly inside a website2.5 set - or thinking a
little bit bigger: publishing more then a few articles - a book or a set
of books without creating an empty webpage for each chapter/article but
mixed with normal webpages. Maybe "single source publishing" might be
the right words.

Maybe its a little bit too much I want - now it sounds a little bit
utopistic to me. Sorry for wasting your time.

Greets,
Marcel