Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Image Sizing in PDF Document

Hi Russell,

from the apache fop webpage
(http://xml.apache.org/fop/graphics.html#svg-scaling):

Scaling

Currently, SVG images are rendered with the dimensions specified in the
SVG file, within the viewport specified in the fo:external-graphic
element. For everything to work properly, the two should be equal. The
SVG standard leaves this issue as an implementation detail. FOP will
probably implement a scaling mechanism in the future.

This might answer your question. I had some scaling problems with SVG's
and FOP too. I used the batik ant task "rasterize" to convert the svg
images to png's. Maybe this is an alternative for you too.

Greets,
Marcel