Subject: Re: OT: lists administrivia

> I realize this is a private mailing list but I think it's being
> mined for email addresses.  So I'd like to munge my mail address.

Note that once your address has been exposed, it's dirtied forever.
The spammers don't remove you from their address collection just
because you've stopped posting with it.

> Other mailing lists have allowed me to unsubscribe from the list and
> post using the mail-to-news gate at gmane.org.  Is this also
> possible with oasis lists?

No.  You have to subscribe to the docbook lists with the address you
will be posting with, which in your case is the gmane munged mailing
list address, and then /dev/null all messages from the list.

That's what I do (except for the address munging).