Subject: extending XML schema

Hi,

I'm using both schema and dtd implementation of docbook in one application
and I am wondering to update to version 4.3.
Doing that exploration, I was surprised by the new way of managing docbook
XML schemas (... even if it is not officially supported).

This implementation is now using abstract classes such as article.class
instead of previously used complexTypes.
My problem is that I don't know, with this implementation, how to extend
(or to restrict) the article model ?
The only place where I can now make modification is only at block anf
inline groups levels which is quite more restrictive than what it was in 4.2.x.

Any idea would be appreciated for being able to model be "up-to-date" ?

Best regards, pierre