Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: entry elements are run together without whitespace

I can duplicate this behavior, but only when the content is in an <entry>
element in a table.  Oddly enough, Saxon does the same thing, as does the
fo/docbook.xsl stylesheet!  It isn't the fact that these are entities at
all.  An entry like this has the same effect

When processed, any white space between the command and filename elements is
gone.

I checked the template for entry, and in the end it just does an
apply-templates on the contents of the element.  When I add a xsl:for-each
select="node()" to examine what is in the element, the space between command
and filename does not show up as a text node.  Somehow it seems the parser
is considering the space between those elements to be xml whitespace rather
than a text node whitespace.

The entry element's content model starts with #PCDATA, so it seems that the
whitespace should be treated as nodes.  I don't get it.

DocBook Consulting