Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Index problems with Xalan but not Saxon

You can go ahead and file a bug report on SourceForge for the stylesheets.
That will at least help keep the issue alive and looked at.  But since it
works in other processors, I suspect it is a bug in Xalan.  It needs to be
isolated, though, as just passing the entire DocBook XSL stylesheet to Xalan
would be overwhelming to them, especially since indexing includes some of
the most complex XSL code in the stylesheets.  If I can isolate the problem,
I'll post a bug on Xalan.

DocBook Consulting

From: "Billard, Trish" <trish.billard@hp.com>
To: "Gisbert Amm" <gia@webde-ag.de>
Cc: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 8:02 AM

Ah, thanks!  I missed that one (ignored because of the reference to XHTML).

Is there a version of Xalan where the index is known to work?  Maybe I could
"downgrade."

Should this be reported as a bug to the stylesheets, to Xalan, or both?
I don't see it in the list of bugs for docbook.xsl.  I'd be happy to submit
one, but I don't know which thing has the bug...

--Trish

Trish Billard
trish.billard@hp.com
(408) 285-5462