Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Removing titlepage level TOC in htmlhelp

Thanks Jirka,

Late last night I did indeed work it out.  What complicated things was that
I had a set containing a books and articles. Since sets cannot take
articles, I had to define them as books in the set, but write them as
articles.
Here is a snippet from the set markup showing this:

<set>
 <title>GeoRaster ETL for Oracle</title>
 <book lang="en">

   <bookinfo>

     <title>GeoRaster Metadata Mapper Documentation</title>
     <pubdate>2004</pubdate>
    <copyright>
      <year>2004</year>
      <holder>PCI Geomatics</holder>
    </copyright>

   </bookinfo>
   &metadata_article;  <!-- This is actually an article with just a couple
of sections -->
 </book>

 <!-- EASI -->

 <book lang="en">

   <bookinfo>

    <title>EASI Scripting Language</title>
  <pubdate>2004</pubdate>
  <copyright>
    <year>2004</year>
    <holder>PCI Geomatics</holder>
  </copyright>
   </bookinfo>
   &usingeasi;  <!-- Chapter 1 of a book -->
   &devsimplescripts; <!-- Chapter 2 of a book -->
   &easiprogramming;
   &easiworkingwithdata;
   &easierrorhandling;
   &easiObjectOriented;
   &easiCommands;
 </book>
</set>

As mentioned, the content of the file pointed to by the  &metadata_article;
entity was written as an article as shown below:

<article>
<title>GeoRaster Metadata Mapper</title>

<section id="GEORASTERMM_START">
 <title>Introduction</title>
 <para> ...</para>
</section>
</article>

In my customization layer  I found I needed to do the following to get what
I required :

<xsl:param name="generate.toc">
  article   toc
  book      nop
  chapter   toc
  set       toc,title
</xsl:param>

The "nop" on the book means that my titlepages have no TOC for all books or
articles ( made to look like books) in set. So I need to generate "toc"s
for the articles and for chapters. The side-effect of this is that for my
book I get only chapter TOCs and not a whole book TOC. However, for my set,
I get a full TOC for everything - which is just fine.

I had to also tailor my customized titlepage xsl to remove the titlepage
separator so as not to have to <hr/>'s.

Thanks again Jirka

Paul