Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Character entities in DSSSL stylesheet

At 2004-06-26T17:13:38+02:00, Jirka Kosek wrote:

> And did you defined nbsp entity in the DSSSL stylesheet? Entities
> are not shared between DocBook source and DSSSL stylesheet. These
> are two different XML/SGML documents.

Hi Jirka,

Yes, I did it by adding this to the document type declaration of the
DSSSL style sheet:

  <!ENTITY % ISOnum.ent
    PUBLIC
    "ISO 8879:1986//ENTITIES Numeric and Special Graphic//EN">
  %ISOnum.ent;

It doesn't work.  One thing which does work is

  <!ENTITY nbsp "\U-00A0;">

(U+00A0 is the Unicode code point of NO-BREAK-SPACE.)  But, this means
that I have to do this for each character entity I use, and is,
therefore, unsatisfactory.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers,
Raghavendra.

--
N. Raghavendra <raghu@mri.ernet.in> | See mail headers for contact
Harish-Chandra Research Institute   | and OpenPGP details.