Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Problems with unicode character encoding output

Rene Hache wrote:

> <xsl:param name="saxon.character.representation">native;decimal</xsl:param>
> <xsl:output encoding="UTF-8" indent="no" method="html"/>
> <xsl:param name="chunker.output.encoding">UTF-8</xsl:param>

Using native with UTF-8 means that you will get raw characters in output
not character references.

> - I cannot get the <meta content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"
> http-equiv="Content-Type"> tag to output in my HTML.

Do you use HTML or XHTML stylesheets? HTML stylesheets should output
proper meta tag.

> - When I choose the UTF-8 encoding in my IE 6 browser it works fine, but it
> doesn't stick (meaning I have to change the encoding everytime I refresh or
> visit a new page.). I am assuming that this happen because I can get my meta
> tag inserted.
> -My HTML has tons of the letter "Â" everywhere. I would like them to go away.
> :) One place where they are always located is between section numbers and
> titles, if this makes any sense

I think that these issues will be solved if you can get proper encoding
flag in meta tag.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature