Subject: Excluding sections using profiling

All,

I have a quick question (I hope!) about profiling.

 From what I read in the DocBook XSL: A Definitive Guide, I understand
how to modify the content of any given output by profiling. However,
what I would like to do is include everything in a document _except_
certain sections that have an attribute.

 From what I understand, the only way I can do this is to assign an
attribute to the sections I want to exclude AND to the sections I want
to include. Is that correct? Or can I supply a parameter during
processing that states: "process everything except sections with this
attribute."

I hope this makes sense! Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave Shevitz