Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Line breaks in para: literallayout unsuitable

On Friday 30 July 2004 02:40, Dan Gilleland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My understanding is that the idea of a "line-break" is more a
> "presentation" concern, whereas the whole purpose of DocBook is one of
> structuring a document in terms of "content". While the distinction may
> seem subtle, it is rather important.

<snip>
> This should give you the "line-break" that you need. Again, however, it
> appears that your need for a "line-break" is a presentation aspect rather
> than an aspect of creating structured content.

My need for line break is not of presentation or as formatting need, but
indeed a way to structure and logically arrange the content. Isn't line-break
a quite well established method in writing for signaling a small change in
context?(as opposed in large when a pragraph is used)
If that is the case, some <foo/> element would be preferred, in front of the
more bulky literallyout, which also is error prone to its formatting in the
source(which is the point..).

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks,

			Frans