Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] OT: How to translate DocBook documents into differentlanguages

Jordi Vilalta wrote
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Joachim Ziegler wrote:
[cut]
>> - In the English document, I don't want to type in again all the
>> markup which took me so many hours. I want to reuse my precious
>> markup. The structure of the target document will be exactly the same.
[cut]
> I'm currently working in a program called po4a (po for anything), which
> aims to help in the translation of documentation using the gettext
> standard po files. There's currently an sgml module that can handle
> pretty well the sgml docbook documents (and some simple xml documents).
> We're currently working on an Xml module which will soon be able to
> completely translate docbook xml documents.
You should take a look at xml2po, which is a set of Python scripts used
by Gnome Documentation Project (that is, Serbian translation team) - it
is a bit gnome-help specific (DocBook 4.1.2 XML). It is currently
maintained by Danilo Shegan (URL is http:kvota.net/hacks/xml2po/)

--
== Branislav (Brane) Jovanovic' ==
== entwood resurected         ==