Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] FOP, Docbook

The FO table-layout property is always output by the fo stylesheet, and
cannot be controlled from within the XML source file.  The DocBook XSL
stylesheets should be outputing table-layout="fixed" for every table,
because the default value for table-layout is "auto" if it is not otherwise
specified.  I think that is what you are getting.  Some table in your FO
output does not have a table-layout="fixed" property.  If you can locate
that table, perhaps it can be added.

As far as I know, only Antenna House's XSL Formatter product handles
table-layout="auto" at this point.  They have a new Lite version that is
cheaper (with some reduced functionality).
XEP is another commerical XSL-FO formatter that works well, but I don't
think they have implemented table-layout="auto".

DocBook Consulting

From: "Irene Higson" <Irene.Higson@wolfsonmicro.com>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>; "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 3:51 AM

Hi,

I have now changed the informal tables to tables, and added the column
width (1*), and I am still getting the same errors. However, it now
seems I only get one table with table-layout=auto.
Could you maybe recommend a different tool to use (it doesn't matter if
it's a commercial tool)?

Or maybe you have any other ideas?

Here is my xsl stylesheet for a table:

          <title>Parameter Description</title>
          <tgroup cols="2">
  <colspec colnum="1" colname="col1" colwidth="1*"/>
  <colspec colnum="2" colname="col2" colwidth="1*"/>
  <thead>

  </thead>
  <tbody>
  <row>
<xsl:apply-templates
select="parametername"/>
<xsl:apply-templates
select="parameterdescription"/>
</row>
  </tbody>
  </tgroup>

Also how do you set the table-layout manually, because this is something
I am not controlling as such at the present?

Thank you!