Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] No declaration for attribute xmlns:html of elementbook

Mike Devlin wrote:

> <?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "iso-8859-1"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet  type="text/css" href="mycss.css"?>
> <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.3//EN"
> "docbookx.dtd" []>
> <book lang = "en_GB" conformance="2.0"
>       xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
>       xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";>

You are using DTD to validate your DocBook instance and DTDs are not
namespace aware, thus you are getting error messages.

> I want to include the html elements to aid my use of CSS. I thought
> declaring the namespaces would do the trick but I don't seem to be going
> about it in the right way.

This is not right way to do. If you want modify output of DocBook you
should modify XSL stylesheets. You can define your own template that
adds user defined output at the start of each generated HTML page:

<xsl:template name="user.header.content">
   <xsl:param name="node" select="."/>

   <script ...>

</xsl:template>

					Jirka