Subject: changing text properties for conditional (profiling) text

Hello,

Currently I am building a document for 2 audiences,
where one document is simply a subset of the other
document.

I am creating the subset document with the 2 step
profiling process (using XSLT processing), with
profiling/profile.xsl, and then using my own
customfo.xsl as normal in the second step. (I am using
fop to produce pdf ouput.)

The question I have is if there is an easy way I can
change the font color, or under line, or change the
background color, etc. of the text that is to be
removed from the master document.  In other words,
when others are reviewing the master document, an easy
indicator that says "this text is not in the subset
document".

I would imagine that I can customize each template and
test for the condition text I am using, and if found
change the font color or something like that.  Does
this sounds correct?  Is there an easier way?

Thanks for the help!

-Ben