Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] XSL HH htmlhelp.generate.index parameter isn'tdocumented?

TiP wrote:

> Can anybody explain where htmlhelp.generate.index value comes from?

htmlhelp.generate.index variable is used internally by HTML Help
stylesheet. When there is at least one indexterm in your document, this
variable is set to true to indicate that index should be build.

> What logic is hidden behind and what are possible index types for HH?

HTML Help index can be build automatically with HTML Help compiler from
index terms spread over HTML files or could be provided precooked in a
form of HHK. You can switch between these two modes by using
htmlhelp.use.hhk parameter.

> htmlhelp.use.hhk is used only twice through entire htmlhelp-common.xsl.
> First time htmlhelp.use.hhk is used in <xsl:template match="indexterm">
> , but I can't say what is the purpose of this template (i'd like to see
> some comments in sources for that, but there aren't any).

For most use cases it is not neccessary to modify HTML Help stylesheet
code. It should be sufficient to modify their behaviour by parameters
described at:

http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/html/rn20.html

but of course, as almost always, documentation could be more verbose.

> Second time htmlhelp.use.hhk is mysterioulsy used to generate empty
> .hhk files.

This file shouldn't be empty if you have indexterms in your document.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature