Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] bibliography questions

--- Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:

> 1. Norm Walsh thoughtfully provided extra named
> templates to format names in
> different ways.  The template named
> 'person.name.last-first' will do what
> you want, like this in your customization layer:
>
> <xsl:template match="author|editor"
> mode="bibliography.mode">
>   <fo:inline>
>     <xsl:call-template
> name="person.name.last-first"/>
>     <xsl:value-of
> select="$biblioentry.item.separator"/>
>   </fo:inline>
> </xsl:template>

I tried adding this to my customization layer but FOP
seems to ignore this. My ouput is same (don't know
why). I am using "fo-0.20.5" and "Saxon6_5_3".

> 2.  You can turn off the display of the label in the
> biblioentries by
> customizing the template that generates them to do
> nothing:
>
> <xsl:template name="biblioentry.label">
> </xsl:template>

This doesn't seems to work either. I still have
bibliography labels on my output.

> > 3) If ID or xreflabel cannot be turned off, How
> can I
> > have my output with brackets on my xref to
> > bibliography like it used to output in citation?
>
> I didn't follow this.  Doesn't an xref to a
> biblioentry generate the abbrev
> in square brackets?  Where in my book did I say that
> PDF output did not get
> square brackets?

sorry, wrong sentence...pardon me :-) what I mean to
say is:
in contrary to what is suggested in book "Chapter 12 >
Citing bibliographic entries" I didn't get the square
bracket when I used the xref to bibligraphy. Currently
I am using citation tag but without link to
bibliography (which is enclosed in suare brackets in
PDF output). I tried to link it after I finished my
bibliography but xref is not supported inside the
<citation> tag. Instead I tried to convert all
<citation> tag to xref (to bibliography) but I lost my
square brackets, which used to enclose my citation.

Any work arounds?...:-)

Thanks for the help.

Deepak K. Shrestha