Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Hyphenation never completes

Thanks. As a test, we removed the column width settings and hyphenation worked. Now we'll look at how to properly set the column widths.

Thanks again,

--Craig

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 3:43 PM
To: Noeldner, Craig; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

It is in an infinite loop, probably.  I have found this occurs on occasion when the alloted width for some text is not large enough.  For me, it was in a variablelist with the term-width too narrow.  It may also happen in tables because of the fixed column widths.  I would have thought that turning on hyphenation would make it easier to fit text, so perhaps some other condition causes the loop.

One thing you might try is turning hyphenation off for the document and turning it on only for tables:

<xsl:attribute-set name="table.properties">
  <xsl:attribute name="hyphenation">true</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

Of course, if the hyphenation in tables is causing the loop, this won't fix that problem.  You might try adjusting your column widths too.

DocBook Consulting