Subject: Re: DocBook XSL 1.67.0 released

/ Michael Smith <smith@xml-doc.org> was heard to say:
| The reason I didn't use samp or kbd is that the templates that
| insert the HTML markup in these cases are named templates
| (inline.monoseq, inline.boldmonoseq, inline.italicmonoseq,
| format.sgmltag) that are called by the various element templates.

The value of these templates is that they provide a place to hang
some common processing. We've gotten more sophisticated over time
and I expect it's time to reflect that in these templates.

I suggest that we allow the name of the wrapper element(s) as
parameters to the templates, with reasonable defaults, then we can
have our cake and eat it too, I think.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--