Subject: Figure Reference in Text

Hi All,

What is the 'proper' way to mark up the figure reference ('Figure 1'
below) and the caption text which occurs in the text?

I simply inserted a <para> child into <caption> to house the text.  The
<link> functions correctly in both HTML and PDF output.

One other question is how can I color the link in the PDF output?
Currently it is rendered in the same black color.

For example,

---------------------  Begin sample  ------------------------------

  This is the first sentence.  This is the second sentence, so now
please look at <link linkend='fig 1'>Figure 1</link>.  This graphic is
a pretty picture of a circle. Many more sentences follow

                 <mediaobject id='fig 1'>
                         <imageobject>
                                 <imagedata
fileref="/Samples/circle.jpg"/>
                         </imageobject>
                         <caption>
                                 <para>
                                  Figure 1. A circle which is used
purely as example
                                 </para>
                         </caption>
                 </mediaobject>

This is the next sentence. And so on and so on.

Cheers,

Tristan
Tristan J. Fiedler
Postdoctoral Fellow - Stein Lab