Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] openjade1.3.3 under Windows

Georges Schmitz <georges.schmitz@heitec.de> writes:

> Hi Markus,
>
> thanks for your advice, I hadn't thought, that installing cygwin is that
> easy :-)
>
> But I can't get the dsssl stylesheets running (grrr after one day...).
> The system identifiers can not be resolved. I reorganized the catalogs
> already by referencing them all in one master catalog file, because I
> have the suspicion, that openjade under cygwin may not parse my path
> list correctly for SGML_CATALOG_FILES (as a list in Windows is separated
> by ";" and in Unix bei ":"). But perhaps I'm wrong here, because this
> step didn't help either :-(

Move your SGML catalog files under your Cygwin directory so that
when you open up your Cygwin bash shell you can view them with, e.g.:

  cat /etc/sgml/catalog

And move your DSSSL stylesheets to somewhere under Cygwin /usr/share/sgml

> Have I to use the cygwin bash, can I use my old catalogs,dtds and dsssl
> (old in the sense of my old WinNT installation paths), or do I have to
> formulate everything from the point of view of the cywin installation
> (eg. /cygdrive/d/...)? For the moment, I don't know which way to go.

System IDs in all your files need to be Cygwin paths, not Windows
paths. And if you move catalogs and stylesheets under your Cygwin
tree, you don't need to use the /cygdrived/d/ stuff.

The Cygwin path is completely independent of whatever directory
you have Cygwin installed in.  If you installed Cygwin in
d:/cygwin, the Cygwin path to main catalog is /etc/sgml/catalog;
if you installed in c:/misc/other/cygwin, it's still /etc/sgml/catalog

> Markus Hoenicka wrote:
>
> >Georges Schmitz <georges.schmitz@heitec.de> was heard to say:
> >

> >>OK, I'm not a C developper, but I installed VC6 on my WinXP as I had the
> >>courage to build it myself. But it seems, that the VC project files
> >>included in the openjade package are completely messed up (references to
> >>non exisitng files or files that can be found at a different location).
> >>So can someone help me: corrected project files or even a binary distro?
> >>

> >Cygwin has 1.3.3 binaries. If you do not want to use a complete Cygwin
> >setup,
> >the openjade binary and the cygwin1.dll is all you need.
> >
> >http://www.cygwin.com
> >
> >regards,
> >Markus
> >

> --