OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-apps message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Changing values of language.xml

Kai Hagemeister wrote:

> I'm trying to change some values of language output. Index for example
> should still be index and not be changed to my local language.
> I found out that in docbook the template gentext in common/l10n.xsl is
> called which calls l10n.xml. In l10n.xml is a list of entities which
> points to the xml language-file.
> How can i override a special term like index in this language-file?

There's a hook in common/l10n.xsl which allows customization:
A parameter called "local.l10n.xml" allows to modify (or add) gentext
entries without copying too much stuff.

In your have a customization layer, add into one of your XSL files:

1) ...the internationalization namespace as an attribute
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";

2) A parameter which points local.l10n.xml this very stylesheet
<xsl:param name="local.l10n.xml" select="document('')" />

3) A l:i18n element containing just the *changes* (or additions):
<l:i18n xmlns:l="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/xmlns/l10n/1.0";>
   <l:l10n language="de">
    <l:gentext key="Index" text="Index"/>
    <l:gentext key="index" text="Index"/>
    <l:gentext key="setindex" text="Index"/>
    <l:gentext key="SetIndex" text="Index"/>

> I tried to copy the template gentext in a xsl-file of my local directory
> where all my stylesheets are lying which override the docbookstylesheets.
> Then i did also copy l10n.xml and the language xml-file. I changed the
> term of index to index and Index to Index but it didn't work. It's still
> calling the xml-file from the docbook-directory.

l10.xml is included in common/l10n.xsl via a parameter as
<xsl:param name="l10n.xml" select="document('../common/l10n.xml')"/>
If you change the value of the l10n.xml parameter in your layer to
point to your copies, I don't see why your method shouldn't work
as well...

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]