Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Generate TOCs above current section

What you want can't be done with parameters alone, but it can be done with a
customization. Try this cute trick:

<xsl:template name="section.toc">
  <xsl:param name="toc-context" select="."/>
  <xsl:param name="toc.title.p" select="true()"/>

  <xsl:for-each
select="ancestor::article|ancestor::chapter|ancestor::appendix">
    <xsl:call-template name="component.toc">
      <xsl:with-param name="toc-context" select="."/>
      <xsl:with-param name="toc.title.p" select="$toc.title.p"/>
    </xsl:call-template>
  </xsl:for-each>

</xsl:template>

This customizes the "section.toc" template, which generates the TOC for a
section. It is changed to call the "component.toc" template instead. For it
to work, you have to change the context node, which is what the xsl:for-each
does.  Since there is only one ancestor article or chapter permitted, then
changing the context is all it does.

If you select ancestor::book and call 'division.toc' instead, you can get
the whole book's toc in each section!

DocBook Consulting