Subject: Movie Format & Tagging

Happy Holidays All!

Regarding movies, a few docbook questions remain unanswered :

1.  I read a few recent docbook-apps archives, and wanted to see if
this (below) is the best way to include a quicktime format movie.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.4CR2//EN"

"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.4CR2/docbookx.dtd";
[
<!ENTITY % local.notation.class "| MOV">
<!NOTATION MOV SYSTEM "MOV">
<!ENTITY video1 SYSTEM
"/Users/fiedler/Celegans_DocBook/Samples/Mosaics/test_quicktime.mov"
NDATA MOV>
<!ENTITY video1_url
"file:///Users/fiedler/Celegans_DocBook/Samples/Mosaics/
test_quicktime.mov/">
]>
..... article contents goes here ....

<para>Below is a sample Quicktime movie.  Double click box to restart
movie.</para>

		<mediaobject>
			<videoobject>
				<videodata entityref="video1"/>
			</videoobject>
			<textobject>

				<para>If you see this, the textobject is displayed with a local
					<ulink url="&video1_url;" role="_blank">movie link </ulink>
				</para>
			</textobject>
		</mediaobject>

1b.   when I use this code above, the <textobject> is displayed in HTML
output (which is not what I want).  If I remove the
<textobject>...</textobject>, then the HTML correctly plays the
quicktime movie, but now my PDF output does not have anything at all?

2.  Is it possible to keep the movie looping?

3.  Where can I find information on the types of image and movie
formats supported by DocBook (MPEG, MPG, JPEG, JPG, AVI, etc) and the
proper way to declare these as ENTITY's?

4.  A related question I have is " Has anyone, such as Bob Stayton, put
anything on the web such as a tutorial or FAQ regarding movies in
docbook files?"

Cheers,

Tristan
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory