Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Alternative to entities?

Hi,

We also use XXE and have had the entity problem. We created a ugly solution:

	  if [ ! -z $(ENTITY_FILE) ]; then \
	    echo Performing entity substitution for $${LOCAL_XML_SOURCE}; \
	    sed -e 's/^#.*//' -e 's/\\/\\\\/g' -e 's/\//\\\//g' -e 's/\&/\\\&/g' -e
's/\(.*\)=\(.*\)/s\/\#ENTITY#\1#ENTITY#\/\2\/g/g' $(ENTITY_FILE) > entities.tmp; \
	    sed -f entities.tmp profiled_tmp.xml > prof_ent_tmp.xml; \

This is part of our Makefile for producing PDf's. What we do is adding our own entities to the XML file:
#ENTITY#product_name#ENTITY#, then adding product_name to the entity file: product_name=EasyAccess Web.

This sed script substitutes the entity with the proper name. Unfortunutaly the writers still see #ENTITY#product_name#ENTITY# in the
text, but they still know what it should be substituted with, most of the time.

/Kenneth

Kenneth Johansson	Technical Documentation Manager
Sectra Imtec AB
Teknikringen 20		E-mail: ke-joh AT sectra DOT se
SE-583 30 Linköping	Phone:	+46 13 23 52 00
SWEDEN			Web:	http://www.sectra.se