Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Alternative to entities?

Thanks everybody! I lean towards using Jirka's suggestion with the
role="ent" attribute on phrase since it will work for both PDF and HTML
generation.

However, there is a backside with the solution when using XMLMind (again, I
don't like violating things just because a tool prevents me from doing it in
a correct way, but that's my situation), that since the <phrase> tag is not
visible in the running text view it is easy to edit it and remove the
tagging. This happened to me when experimenting and it took a while to
figure out what had happened.

I got another idea though: what if I created an xref with some role (or
xrefstyle) to remove the link functionality (clickable) and other custom
visuals (color) since I am only interesting in the target text (endterm),
and in the link end I somehow suppress rendering alltogether? The editor
handles Xrefs in a quite nice way.

A problem is my very limited experience in writing customization layers, I
mostly copy-paste others examples to produce my desired results... But what
about the idea to start with?

  /Gurra

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger