Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] jdk 1.5 and docbook xsl

Pierre Attar wrote:

> BUt, I'm not able to use standards way of workinf, for example I always
> serialize DOM trees before the different main steps of my process
> because of incompatibles built trees.

This is not necessary probably. Saxon implements DOM interfaces for its
own tree structure. See

http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.3/api-guide.html#Parser

and it also provides its own XPath API.

> As soon as I will be able to solve the translet problem, I will upgrade
> to 1.5 ... using a sole and coherent implementation of DOM, SAX and XSLT.

If you add interpretive Xalan into your classpath (or use standalone
JAXP 1.3) and if you will change appropriate property which specifies
TransformerFactory you should be able to use JDK 1.5 with DocBook
stylesheets right now.

java -Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=
     com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl ...

						Jirka

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature