Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] jdk 1.5 and docbook xsl

Pierre Attar wrote:

>> If you add interpretive Xalan into your classpath (or use standalone
>> JAXP 1.3) and if you will change appropriate property which specifies
>> TransformerFactory you should be able to use JDK 1.5 with DocBook
>> stylesheets right now.
>>
>> java -Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=
>>     com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl
>

> Ok but where doe this class comes from in the JDK 1.5 ? The only place
> where I found a TransformerFactoryImpl is in the rt.jar and it is under
> the package com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax. If I'm able to
> use com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl,
> then I'm fully happy becaus it seems that this correspond to the non
> compiled Xalan processor... problem, exploring all JDK jar, I never
> found this class.

As I wrote earlier, you must put standalone Xalan or JAXP 1.3 into your
classpath. JDK 1.5 comes with stripped down version of JAXP 1.3 where is
only XLSTC not interpretive Xalan.

I think that grabbing JAXP 1.3 from

https://jaxp.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=2068&expandFolder=2068&folderID=0

and placing xalan.jar from this download into classpath should work with
JDK 1.5.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature