Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Compiling Chinese DocBook into HTML Help

Jirka Kosek said:
> I never generated Chinese HTML Help but AFAIK you must use Chinese
> Windows for compiling and probably also for browsing HTML Help in Chinese.

Hmm, why would that be? I've installed "support for asian languages" and
assumed that would be enough. I can open the source files in notepad and see
the Chinese just fine (not that I know whether it's just bogus...), so the
right encodings are definitely supported.

>> PS: Why couldn't Microsoft just make HTML Help support utf-8?
>
> I suppose that you are not expecting that someone will answer this
> question ;-)

Heh, well, probably not, but he who doesn't try...

/claus

--
http://techwriter.dk/