Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Turn OFF bibliography title

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 06:20:32PM -0500, Tristan Fiedler wrote:

> I've been spending too much time trying to do something seemingly
> easy : Turn OFF the bibliography title.
>
> Any suggestions?

Look at the section in Bob Stayton's book on HTML title page
customisation:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HtmlCustomEx.html#HTMLTitlePage

(The process for FO customisation is very similar.)  In particular,
you want to modify the bibliography recto titlepage in the XML spec
file.  It will currently look like this:

<t:titlepage t:element="bibliography" t:wrapper="div" class="titlepage">
  <t:titlepage-content t:side="recto">
    <title
           t:force="1"
           t:named-template="component.title"
           param:node="ancestor-or-self::bibliography[1]"/>
    <subtitle/>
  </t:titlepage-content>

  [...]

You want to change 't:force="1"' to 't:force="0"' so that the
bibliography is not forced to have a title if you don't provide one.
From there, follow the instructions on generating your custom XSL
templates and using them in a customisation layer in Bob's book.

--
Paul.

w  http://logicsquad.net/
h  http://paul.hoadley.name/