Subject: AW: [docbook-apps] Exclude elements witout condition-attribute when profiling

Hello Jirka,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply!

Perhaps I did not make myself very clear.

I have the following:

<chapter>
<title condition="map_dok">xxx</title>
<para condition="map_dok">xxx</para>
<para>x</para>
<sect1>y</sect1>
</chapter>

Is there a way to do this?

Regards,
Daniela

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jirka Kosek [mailto:jirka@kosek.cz]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 10. März 2005 12:17
An: Daniela Dänzer
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

Daniela Dänzer wrote:

> I want to profile my xml and take all elements where the attribute
> condition is set to map_dok but not those, who don't have an attribute
> "condition". How do I do this?
>
> I tried with  "condition=map_dok;not('')",
> "condition=map_dok;not(null)" and "condition=map_dok", but no success
> so far. The elements which don't have the attribute "condition" are always selected.
>
> How do I exclude these from my profiled document?

Are you *really* sure that you want to do this? This will mean that each
element that should go to the output must be labeled by profiling
attribute. E.g.

<section condition="map_dok">
   <title condition="map_dok">...</title>

   <para condition="map_dok">...<emphasis
condition="map_dok">...</emphasis>...</para>

</section>

If you really want to go this way, just add the following template into
your customization layer:

<xsl:template match="*[not(@condition)]" mode="profile"/>

But you have been warned that most documents will be drastically pruned
this way.