Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook on Mac?

Hi Tom,

I have been using DocBook on OS X for some time. Like you, it took me a
while to get things working to my satisfaction, but I have got it to
the point that I am quite happy.

I am using:

xsltproc for HTML and FO, from
http://www.zveno.com/open_source/libxml2xslt.html

XEP (commercial) for FO to PDF, from
http://www.renderx.com/tools/xep.html

If you are used to Linux, you may be happy with working in the
terminal, in which case you can do the same on OS X. If you prefer GUI
tools, I recommend JEdit (www.jedit.org), as it has plugins to validate
the XML against the DocBook DTD, and other nice XML things.

TextWrangler is also useful
(http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/index.shtml) as it can
open and save to folders that are normally hidden from GUI tools by the
system - great for editing the catalogue file that xsltproc likes to
have in /etc/xml/

Contact me off-list if you have any other questions.

Best wishes,

Nick.

On 14 Mar 2005, at 9:22 pm, Tom Peters wrote:

> I am considering to buy an Apple OSX/Panther system.  Does anyone have
> experience with using DocBook on Mac?  Currently I am using Linux and
> it
> has taken me quite some effort to get a toolchain to work on it and
> keep
> it working.
>
> --
> ^$)^@*^@)