Subject: Re: Modifying articleinfo element

The stylesheets don't treat articleinfo as a section.  In fact, the template
that matches article/articleinfo is empty. Think of articleinfo as just a
pool of information that the titlepage stylesheets use to build the
titlepage.  In general, you should try to use the titlepage spec file to
indicate how you want your titlepage information handled. The spec file is
described here:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HTMLTitlePage.html

It is the spec file that determines which elements in articleinfo appear, in
what order, and with what properties.  When the spec file is processed into
a new titlepage.templates.xsl, you will find in it templates that match the
elements in articleinfo.  Those templates were created from the spec file.

In the spec file, you can also add properties to the overall element used
for the titlepage information.  This seems to work in a customized spec
file:

<t:titlepage t:element="article" t:wrapper="fo:block"
             background-color="#EEEEEE"
             font-family="{$title.fontset}">

DocBook Consulting