Subject: Re: [docbook] Using an image on the titlepage

Paul A. Hoadley (24-04-05 01:18)
> Or, you could create a completely customised title page layout which
> uses 'fo:external-image' to point to your graphic:
>
> http://sagehill.net/docbookxsl/TitlePagePrint.html#TitlepageTableLayout

Suppose I want to use the example in the above mentioned chapter. How can
I adapt it so I can make my own frontpage (in a vector drawing program,
like CorelDraw or something like that)?

Look at this piece of "pseudo code". Would it be possible to do something
like this?

<xsl:template name="book.titlepage.recto">
  <fo:block>
    <media-object src="images/frontpage.png" />
  </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

> Both methods might be a little daunting if you're _completely_ new to
> DocBook, so ask more questions if you can't get it working.

Indeed, it's quite difficult for me to understand this all. But that's why
there is a mailinglist. ;-)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards
--