Subject: Re: [docbook] Using an image on the titlepage

Mauritz Jeanson (25-04-05 17:13)
> Yes, the block must have some text content. One way to get around that is to
> put a zero-width space (for example) in your customization layer:
>
> <xsl:template name="book.titlepage.recto">
>   <fo:block>&#8203;  <!-- makes block "non-empty" -->
>      <fo:external-graphic src="url(...)"/>
>    </fo:block>
> </xsl:template>

Success! :-)

At first, I thought it didn't work. FOP complained:

[INFO] [1]

I suppose my PNG file is too big (380,6 kb). On the other hand, when I use
the EPS (9,9MB), the PDF is rendered correctly!

Now I have a little strange problem: I can see the frontpage in KDE's
preview, I can see it with GV (ghostview), but I can't see it with Xpdf or
Gpdf, Kpdf. What can cause this?

Best regards
--
Ben Branders                         Website:       http://branders.name